Berean Christian’s well-rounded academic program fosters an environment where students are encouraged to discover and develop their passions and talents, ensuring their preparedness for a lifetime of learning.
Berean Christian High School is dedicated to providing a quality, Bible-centered education to develop lifetime followers of Christ.
Berean Christian High School has served the San Francisco East Bay Area since 1968, providing a distinctive, Bible-centered, college-preparatory education to develop lifetime followers of Christ. Caring, committed, and highly qualified teachers nurture and challenge ninth through twelfth-grade students to become lifelong learners through an educational program marked by academic and extracurricular excellence.
Our purpose is to serve families who desire not merely a private education, but a distinctively Christian education for their children. Drawing from a diverse Christian community, the school partners with parents and their churches to develop students' unique, God-given talents to their highest potential.
Berean's ultimate goal is to graduate students who are moving to maturity of faith, thinking biblically and critically, living for the glory of God, and who demonstrate Christ's character as servant leaders while impacting the community in which they live.
- Grades 9-12
- Average Class Size: 14
- Attendance 2020 - 2021: 418
- Class of 2020: 87
- Faculty: 46
- Alumni: 3605
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12 to 1
- Average Faculty Tenure: 7 years
Distinctive College-Preparatory Education
- Biblically integrated curriculum
- Wide range of AP and Honors classes
- Robust STEM program
- Exceptional fine arts program
Rich Student Life
- Strong athletic program
- Diverse Clubs
- Student government
- Community service activities
- Chapels and retreats
- Social events
We are located in Walnut Creek, California, 25 miles east of San Francisco. We have served the East Bay Area since 1968 and have been located at the current Walnut Creek campus since 1985.
Berean Christian students and families enjoy a beautiful 6.3 acre campus with five major buildings providing:
- 24 Classrooms
- Science Lab
- Computer Labs
- Teacher Workroom
- Art Room
- Practical Arts Room
- Choral/Band Room
- Weight Room
- Resource Center
- Athletic Field
- College Career Center
- Administration Building
- Student Center
Biblical principles are integrated into every subject taught at our school. Our staff is committed not only to academic excellence but also to teaching students how to apply the truths of God's Word to every aspect of life. Berean Christian's well-rounded academic program fosters an environment where students are encouraged to discover and develop their passions and talents, ensuring their preparedness for college and beyond.
100% of Berean Christian students enrolled in AP classes are required to take AP Tests.
AP Courses Offered (2020 - 2021)
- 2D Art & Design, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Computer Science Principles, Drawing, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Physics I, Physics II, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, United States Government & Politics, United States History.
Honors Courses Offered (2020 - 2021)
- Astronomy, English II.
2019 - 2020 Numbers
- 110 Students tested
- 180 Exams administered
- Average score 3.4
2019 - 2020 AP Scholar Awards
- AP Scholar: 14 students with an average score of 3.80
- AP Scholar with Honor: 9 students with an average score of 4.00
- AP Scholar with Distinction: 11 students with an average score of 4.05
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- College Board
- North American Coalition for Christian Admission Professionals (NACCAP)
- Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC)
Berean Christian believes that 21st century technological literacy is essential for future success in college as well as the world of work. The school has invested in providing each student with an iPad along with the needed applications and e-books that has enhanced the students' technological competence and has facilitated learning. Teachers regularly use computers and support applications in all academic classes.
We use RenWeb, a school management system that allows parents and students internet access to information associated with classroom activities. We have found tremendous value associated with the use of this service which facilitates a secure link between parents and teachers, thus enabling a more cooperative relationship.
Our faith in Jesus Christ is fundamental to who we are. Berean’s main purpose is to help students to move from faith taught to faith owned, becoming lifelong followers of Christ who will impact the world for God’s glory. Our biblical-integrated curriculum teaches them to have a Christian perspective in all areas of their lives. But it doesn’t stop there. Berean’s calendar is filled with events and activities that encourage the spiritual growth of our students, moving their faith from theory to practice.
120 churches represented through the student body in 2020.
- Weekly Chapels
- Bible Studies
- Daily Devotionals
- Spiritual Emphasis Week
- National Prayer Day Celebration
- Worship NIghts
- Personal Mentorships
- Serving opportunities
Our Visual and Performing Arts Program allows students to develop and express their individual talents through various mediums. From painting and drawing, to digital design and photography, choirs, jazz band, stagecraft, and drama, our students are invited to explore their creativity and improve their artistic skills.
- Three choir groups
- Beginning Guitar
- Beginning and Advanced Drama classes
- Worship Band
- Four major performances per year
- Four Choir School Performances
- Five Drama School Performance
- Choir and Drama Performance Tours throughout California
- By-annual Musical involving one-third of Berean’s student body
- Diablo Athletic League (DAL)
- North Coast Section (NCS) of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF)
CIF North Coast Section Championship Appearances
- Softball – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010 State Champions - 2004, 2017
- Track (Boys) - 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2019
- Track (Girls) - 2006, 2019
- Boys Volleyball - 2015
- Baseball - 2019
Extracurricular Athletic Teams
- 20 varsity teams
Participation on Athletic Teams
- Two-thirds of Berean students participate on at least one athletic team.
- Mascot: Eagles
- School Colors: Navy Blue and Athletic Gold
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
There is always something happening at Berean!
Our warm, welcoming community creates an environment where our students feel free to explore new activities, discover new talents, grow in their passions, and get connected. Through our vibrant student life, they can:
- Make lifelong friends at our All-School Retreat.
- Develop leadership skills as part of our Student Government.
- Grow in their faith through chapels, worship nights, and Bible studies.
- Serve others through a variety of ministry opportunities.
- Turn classroom learning into real-life experiences by joining one of our many school trips throughout the year.
- Create unforgettable memories at our school socials, Homecoming, and Junior-Senior Banquets.
- Join one of our student clubs or create their own.
3,500 + Alumni
Average Outcome After Graduation
- 96% Higher Education
- 2% Ministry
- 1% Armed Forces
- 1% Workforce
College Acceptance - Classes of 2009 to 2020
- Arizona State University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Baylor University
- Bethel University, MN
- Biola University
- Brigham Young University
- Brown University
- California State Universities – All Campuses
- California Baptist University
- Calvin College
- Cedarville University
- Central Washington University
- Chapman University
- City College San Francisco
- Columbia International University
- Concordia University, Irvine
- Contra Costa College
- Corban University
- Cornell University
- Diablo Valley College
- Drexel University
- Duke University
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- Evangel University
- Fresno Pacific University
- George Fox University
- Grand Canyon University
- Hampton University
- Hillsdale College
- Hillsdale Free Will Baptist
- Indiana Wesleyan University
- Ithaca College
- Jerusalem University College
- John Brown University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Joshua Wilderness Institute
- Lee University
- Lewis and Clark University
- Liberty University
- Los Medanos College
- Luther College
- MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Monterey Peninsula College
- New York University
- Northwestern Christian University
- Northwest University
- Oregon State University
- Pacific Lutheran University
- Pacific University
- Patrick Henry College
- Patten University
- Pepperdine University
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- San Diego Christian College
- San Francisco State University
- Santa Barbara City College
- Santiago Canyon College
- Seattle Pacific University
- Simpson University
- Sonoma State University
- St. Mary’s College
- St. John’s University
- Stanford University
- Taylor University
- The Master’s University
- United States Air Force Academy
- United States Coast Guard Academy
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Naval Academy
- University of Arizona
- University of California – All Campuses
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- University of Hawaii
- University of Notre Dame
- University of San Francisco
- University of Southern California
- University of the Pacific
- University of Texas
- University of Utah
- University of Washington
- Vanguard University
- Wake Forest University
- Washington University
- Washington & Lee University
- Western Washington University
- Westmont College
- Wheaton College
- Whitworth University
- William Jessup University
- Xavier University
- York College
We know that traffic in the Bay Area can be a challenge for parents, so we offer two bus and one van route with stops from Brentwood, through North Contra Costa, and from Danville through the 680 Corridor. The lines are updated yearly based on the needs of our student body.
A Welcoming Community for our Families
Our Parent Group is a great way for our families to get connected. They host several events and opportunities for parents to serve together that foster relationships that last long after their children are gone from Berean. One of these events is a social for the incoming Freshm an Class when they invite all students enrolled to join Berean in the following year for a fun evening at the school, filled with great food, games, and fellowship. This time together provides an opportunity for new parents to arrange carpools and helps new families to feel welcome and connected even before their children start their high school career. If you would like to learn more and get connected, please email the Parent Group at email@example.com.
Cities Represented at Berean Christian (2020 - 2021)
- Bay Point
- Castro Valley
- Daily City
- Discovery Bay
- El Sobrante
- Pleasant Hill
- San Francisco
- San Pablo
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.